Naomi Osaka is a professional tennis player who represents Japan. Osaka has been ranked No. 1 by the Women’s Tennis Association, and is the first Asian player to hold the top ranking in singles.
She has won five titles on the WTA Tour, including two titles at both the Grand Slam and Premier Mandatory levels.
Osaka won her first two Grand Slam singles titles in back-to-back Grand Slam tournaments at the 2018 US Open and the 2019 Australian Open, and is the first player to achieve this feat since Jennifer Capriati in 2001.
- Full name: Naomi Osaka
- Profession: Japanese tennis player
- Born: 16 October 1997 (age 22 years), Chuo Ward, Osaka, Japan
- Height: 1.8 m
- Current ranking: No. 10 (March 16, 2020)
- Country (sports): Japan
- Coach: Wim Fissette (2020–)
- Parents: Leonard Francois, Tamaki Osaka
- Siblings: Mari osaka